Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs or DOIs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Please see 'Author Guidelines' for more support and a template to download.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Workshop Presentations (AM session)
Workshops will support professional development for staff and students and provide an opportunity to build research skills.
- 500 words maximum see submission template.
- In-person 30 mins - 1 hour.
- Relevance to building research culture and skills;
- Number of workshop places available in the program;
Research Presentations (PM Session)
Research presentations may feature the following:
- provide a forum for discussion of key directions in research-informed practice;
- the presentation of works in progress;
- reports on specialised topics;
- position papers;
- pilot studies; or
- brief reports on innovative practice in technology-supported teaching and learning.
As a general guide, a research presentation might include background information, a description of the work undertaken, results achieved and discussion or conclusions.
- 10-minute presentation plus 5-minute Q&A (then 5 minutes enabling a changeover for rooms).
- An extended abstract of up to 1500-2000 words maximum (including APA referencing) developed on the executive summary submission template. (The authors will be invited to publish a full paper in He Rourou following the symposium)
Double peer review based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to intended audience;
- The paper is original, and clearly identifies broad and insightful implications for theory and/or policy and/or practice;
- Clearly situated in current literature and/or policy with well-articulated conceptual or theoretical framework and related research questions that address a novel issue(s);
- Adopts an appropriate research methodology for the purpose of the paper;
- Insightful critical analysis and interpretation that leads to clear, logical findings, conclusions and implications for theory and/or policy and/or practice;
- Ease of reading, grammar, spelling, format, and referencing details.
Poster Presentations (Evening Session)
Posters are an opportunity to visually share and showcase projects and development initiatives and discuss these with Symposium delegates. Examples here.
- Posters should be shared in a printed and digital format
- For printed posters:
- A0 or A1 size;
- and may include AR elements and or QR codes.
- For digital format:
- Full poster needs to be viewed on one screen;
- You do not need to submit your completed poster until November 14th. AEX will print posters submitted by this date. You can bring your own poster on the day if you would rather print it yourself.
- 500-word abstract, not including references, using the aEX Symposium poster abstract template.
Double peer review for Posters are based on the following criteria:
- Showcasing exemplary innovation of practice;
- Has a theoretical underpinning;
- Coherent and logically structured.
Section default policy
He Rourou by The Mind Lab is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.